Your green energy partner

Testimonials






News | All news








Noel Lawler Consulting Engineers



Visit Noel Lawler Consulting Engineers Website

For all your Building Services requirements

Visit Noel Lawler Consulting Engineers Website



You are here : Home > Energy Projects > Offices

Energy Projects - Offices

We are experienced in carrying out energy efficient projects in both new build and existing offices.

The opportunities in new build to achieve an energy efficient office is greatest as the building design can be maximised to provide a sustainable solution where use of electrical and thermal energy is minimised. The integration of renewable technologies in the form of biomass heating and photovoltaic panels in addition to the naturally ventilated design with good daylight penetration all contribute to achieving exceptional office space.

The opportunities in the existing office sector are also great through upgrade of old systems with modern proven equivalents. We have achieved substantial reductions in energy consumed through upgrade of lighting and controls, upgrade / re-commissioning of existing heating ventilation and air conditioning systems. We have found that older offices whose heating and air conditioning controls were responsible for huge inefficiency and savings were realised at little cost.

Primary areas of consumption where we can save you money include:
  • Heating
  • Lighting
  • Pump systems
  • Water conservation
  • Ventilation systems
  • BMS and time scheduling

Contact Noel Lawler Energy Solutions now to see how much we can save your business.


Recent Project


EPA Headquarters Wexford

EPA Headquarters Wexford


Outcome:

Through the installation of a biomass boiler, automated lighting system, automated facades, heat recovery systems, rain water harvesting and photovoltaics, the client has a highly energy efficient building achieving a Building Energy Rating of A3.Through early design integration the construction costs were not significantly higher than a non green building.



Service Provided:

Mechanical and Electrical consultancy for the new extension at EPA.





EPA Richview

EPA Richview


Outcome:

The re-commissioning of plant typically reduced consumed pump power by 60%. A revised controls strategy for the ventilation and heating design has been proposed that will potentially reduce the remaining HVAC electrical loads by approximately 40%. It is also anticipated that when implemented that there will be significant additional benefits in reduced heating costs and reduced complaints associated with thermal comfort.



Service Provided:

Energy survey and recommendations and re-commissioning of heating installation, to identify excessive energy cost / consumption within the facility and ongoing complaints about the thermal comfort in the laboratory areas.

The initial survey revealed the over-complex nature of the heating installation, poor implementation of controls to both the heating and the ventilation installation. The ventilation design which was intended to have demand based controls, to utilise the potential for reduced ventilation was only partially implemented in the original construction.

The initial service involved the provision, co-ordination and management of commissioning engineers to re-commission the installation to operate under a new low energy design regime.




VHI Kilkenny

VHI Kilkenny


Outcome:

We have provided energy audits which offer significant savings for their offices. Lighting can be reduced by 37% by changing their old inefficient lighting system with a new more energy efficient type.
Energy consumption on their heat recovery units can be reduced by 75% by changing from electric heat coils to DX Direct expansion coils.




Service Provided:

Mechanical and Electrical consultancy for VHI Offices in Kilkenny including Energy Audits.





Contact us now to see how much we can save your business.
^ Back to Top